The Maharashtra government extended the ongoing lockdown till 15th June 2021 but due to decline in positive corona cases they have announced certain relaxations including re-introduction of inter-district travel. Those who wish to travel outside their district can now do so provided they have a valid E-pass in Maharashtra.
Who can apply for an E-pass in Maharashtra?
As per the current rules E-pass in Maharashtra can be obtained only by the following category of people:
– Employees of the banking sector, export industries, security personnel, IT professionals and people employed with broadcasting or cable networks will be allowed to travel with an e-pass.
– Residents travelling outside their districts for emergency reasons such as extreme medical emergencies, the death of a first relative, marriage ceremonies and such other reasons.
As per the current rules following people are exempted from carrying an E-pass in Maharashtra:
– Delivery personnel of e-commerce platforms (essential and non-essential goods), restaurants, and any individual employed in area of transportation and operation of essential services will not be required to carry an e-pass.
– Furthermore, government officials travelling for official purposes and those involved in emergency services are exempted from carrying an E-pass.
Steps to obtain an E-pass in Maharashtra:
- Go to the official e-pass portal and click on the tab that says ‘apply for a pass here’.
- On the next page, mention all the relevant details in the respective tabs.
- Submit the necessary documents. (more on that below)
- Mention the reason for your extreme emergency travel.
- Combine all the relevant documents in a single file while uploading.
- Upon submission of the application, you will receive a token ID. Save it, and use it to check the status of your application.
- After the verification and approval by the concerned departments, you can download the e-pass using the token ID.
- The e-pass will contain your details, vehicle number, validity and a QR code.
The e-pass will contain your details, vehicle number, validity, and a QR code. Keep a soft or hard copy with you while travelling and show it to the police when asked.
- It is a punishable offense to copy, misuse or use the E-pass after the valid date or without authorization
- The size of the photo should not exceed 200 KB and the size of the relevant document should not exceed 1 MB.
- The application form should be filled in English only.
What documents are required along with the application?
- A valid Government identity proof.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Wedding cards or related documents for marriage.
- Medical report of persons travelling for medical emergency
- Death certificate in the case of death.
- Any other document showing other emergency as required.
Please note that the special police cells have been formed to approve the online E-passes and process it at the earliest and latest by one day prior to the travel date. Those who do not have access to online e-pass system, can visit the nearest police station to procure it. The personnel at the police station will help in filling the form and issue the e-pass.