Admit it! We have come across some travel quotes which are used repeatedly on so many social media sites and on images as captions, that it literally feels over-used. Whenever, we type travel quotes on Google all we come across are the same travel quotes over & over again. Hence, I have taken the initiative to compile a list of such travel quotes which are not used so often. Go ahead & choose one as your next caption.
1) “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” ~ Paulo Coelho
2) “Whereas the tourist generally hurries back home at the end of a few weeks or months, the traveler belonging no more to one place than to the next, moves slowly over periods of years, from one part of the earth to another. Indeed, he would have found it difficult to tell, among the many places he had lived, precisely where it was he had felt most at home.” ~ Paul Bowles
3) “The perfect journey is never finished, the goal is always just across the next river, round the shoulder of the next mountain. There is always one more track to follow, one more mirage to explore.” ~ Rosita Forbes
4) “There was nothing to talk about anymore. The only thing to do was go.” ~ Jack Kerouac
5) “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.” ~ Marty Rubin
6) “You have not traveled enough,” she said. “Or you’d know that every journey
makes its own map across your heart.” ~ Sharon Shinn
7) “Real travel is not about the highlights with which you dazzle your friends once you’re home. It’s about the loneliness, the solitude, the evenings spent by yourself, pining to be somewhere else. Those are the moments of true value. You feel half proud of them and half ashamed and you hold them to your heart.” ~ Tahir Shah
8) “Part of the urge to explore is a desire to become lost.” ~ Tracy Johnston
9) “Sun and wind and beat of sea, Great lands stretching endlessly…
Where be bonds to bind the free? All the world was made for me!” ~ Adelaide Crapsey
10) “I travel to be replenished with beauty, for travel makes the beauty of this world seem like a Christmas that never ends.” ~ Carew Papritz, The Legacy Letters: his Wife, his Children, his Final Gift
11) “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” ~ Paulo Coelho,
12) “A fortress built long ago, Walls made timeless by historic glory.
The small girl in the boat slows, To listen to its story.” ~ Rachel Lewis
13) “No matter how deeply you come to know a place, you can keep coming back to know it more.” ~ Rebecca Solnit
14) “The best journeys are the ones that answer questions that at the outset you never even thought to ask. ~ Rick Ridgeway”
15) “Travel is something that no one can teach you, You have to learn it.”
16) “Put down that map and get wonderfully lost.” ~ Anonymous
17) “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” ~ Rudyard Kipling.
18) “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.” – Carol Pearson
19) “This is reality, back home is routine.” ~ George Ikilikjan
20) “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” ~ Miriam Beard
21) “The true fruit of travel is perhaps the feeling of being nearly everywhere at home.” ~ Freya Stark
22) “While National Geographic magazine had given me a taste of the world, the three-dimensional details of this moment – the tickle of the rain drops, the suck sound of my feet in the mud, the challenge of getting photographs of the monkeys, my immature urge to make the driver wait even longer because he was annoying – would feed me for years to come.” ~ Kristine K. Stevens
23) “You have to taste a culture to understand it.” ~ Deborah Cater
24) “Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquility to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.”
25) “Beware the crazy traveler! Mind expansion can be contagious…” ~ Nicole Leigh West,
26) “Find pleasure in the path, even if the destination can’t be foreseen.” ~ L. Peat O’Neil,
27) “The road goes everywhere imagination cannot go.” ~ Marty Rubin
28) “It’s in those quiet little towns, at the edge of the world, that you will find the salt of the earth people who make you feel right at home.” ~ Aaron Lauritsen,
29) “Travel is a worthwhile voyage.” ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
30) “…That’s the difference between backpackers and holiday makers. The former can’t help but invite hassle whilst the latter pay to escape it.” ~ Harry Whitewolf,
31) “Travel opens us up, exposes us to new people and places. New thoughts, new ways of being and a larger feeling of connection. And, the best part is, that it makes us appreciate our home that much more.” ~ Erin Kouvas
32) “I must go down to the sea again, for the call of the running tide, is a wild call and a clear call, that cannot be denied!” ~ John Masefield
33) “There is no place like the beach, where the land meets the sea and the sea meats the sky” ~ Umair Siddiqui
34) “I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.” ~ Lillian E. Smith
35) “Not without a wound in the spirit shall I leave this city.” ~ Kahlil Gibran
36) “Distance is the journey. Displacement is the result.” ~ Jaclyn Moriarty,
37) “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” ~ Sandra Lake
38) “Experience is not necessarily accumulated over the extent of time lived. In my opinion, it is accumulated over the degree and variety of activities a person has been involved in” ~ Nike Thaddeus
39) “Man made borders not to limit himself, but to have something to cross.” ~ Anonymous
40) “Some trips are more than distance traveled in miles.” ~ Lucy Knisley
41) “Foreign lands never yield their secrets to a traveller. The best they offer are tantalising snippets, just enough to inflame the imagination. The secrets they do reveal are your own – the ones you have kept from yourself. And this is reason enough to travel, to leave home.” ~ Graeme Sparkes
42) “Much travel is needed before the raw man is ripened.” ~ Idries Shah
43) “TRAVEL = Thrilling Road Along the Vibrant Experiences of Life. ~ rajat chakraborty
44) “To be away from home and yet find oneself everywhere at home; to see the world, to be at the centre of the world, and yet remain hidden from the world.” ~ Charles Baudelaire
45) “We take to the breeze, we go as we please.” ~ E.B. White
46) “What was reckless, I decided, was the way people were writing off huge swaths of the world as unsafe, unstable, unfriendly, when all they needed to do was go and see for themselves” ~ Amanda Lindhout,
47) “Looking for a good book to read and a great teacher to listen to? Here is a good book and here is a great teacher: Other cultures! To read this book and to listen to this teacher, all you need is to travel!” ~ Mehmet Murat ildan
48) “Travel is a concept, like “universe”, that expands as soon as we reach what we think is its edge.”
49) “May my soul forever stay wild and my spirit always be adventurous.” ~ Zascha Friis
50) “Time is going really faster than you think. That second just passed now, get up, pack the bag, get lost…” ~ Jerril Thomas Abraham
I hope you liked the travel quotes compiled above. Now you won’t have to spend your time searching for new travel quotes (for the next 50 images). Just bookmark this post & you are good to go.
16 thoughts on “50 Travel Quotes to use as your next caption!”
If I wanted to travel before, now I REALLY want to travel more. Cannot wait until I unlock passive income and all I can do is explore the world.
This is an awesome list! Just when I thought I’ve seen every travel quote there is out there! Can’t wait to use them!
I’m so glad you loved it! Thank you 🙂
Simply great quotes for travel pagal, so beautiful coming directly from 💓
Great ideas! I love travel quotes 🙂
Thank you! I love them too 🙂
Amazing. Now I really want to take a long leave, pack my bag and travel.
That’s literally the best thing ever!
Beautiful collection! #49! Thanks for this resource, I’ll definitely come back to it. ❤️
Thank you so much! 🙂
I like number 28, but my all time favorite quote one by Terry Pratchett from ” A Hat Full of Sky”. I can’t copy and paste, but I love it.
I do get tired of seeing the same travel quotes over and over again. I love reading ones I have never seen before.
Some travel quotes can touch our hearts & then there’s no going back! I can completely understand what you mean
#17 may sound a bit weird, but it’s true – one of the things I remember best about Japan and Egypt is the smell 🙂
Haha! ya agreed !
You are so awesome! I do not suppose I’ve read anything like that before. So great to find another person with a few unique thoughts on this issue. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is one thing that’s needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!